As a member of the accounting team in the Austin office, you will be responsible for the accuracy, reporting and analysis of all expense and income accounting financial related information for the company’s portfolio of commercial properties and corporate entities, and for generating operating and financial statements and reports.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Prepare and enter journal entries for a portfolio of primarily retail properties as well as settlement statements for new asset acquisitions, refinancing and dispositions;
- Bill tenant charges, apply tenant receipts, reconcile CAM, and enter and modify leases as needed;
- Accurate reporting and analysis of all expense and income accounting for the company’s portfolio of commercial properties; Analyze financial reports, provide feedback and recommendations and address reconciled items for proper resolution;
- Generate timely and accurate monthly operating and financial statements and reports; generate budget variance explanation reports to support income statement and balance sheet accounts;
- Prepare Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Investor financial reporting packages, lender and insurance reporting and compliance;
- Timely review and preparation of monthly, quarterly, and year end financial statements for a portfolio of commercial properties using Yardi software;
- Support Asset Management team by working with Property Management team to review variances;
- Reconcile general ledger, cash and other balance sheet accounts to support financial reporting including maintaining accrual schedules;
- Assist Asset Management and Property Management on all accounting, budgeting, reporting, collections, and disbursements matters and offer solutions as needed;
- Coordinate with independent auditors and external tax preparers, as needed;
- Recommend process improvement changes;
- All other duties as assigned.
- BS or BA in Accounting or Finance required;
- Minimum 3+ years of retail real estate property accounting experience required;
- Proficiency with Yardi Voyager preferred;
- Expert skills in MS Excel, Outlook and Word;
- Solid understanding of GAAP and general accounting processes; able to apply GAAP in reporting
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
Second-to-None Analytical Skills
Exceptional analytical, quantitative, critical reasoning and business process skills with the ability to dig into complex financial and operational information to spot trends, process improvement opportunities and strategic implications. Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness while analyzing and reporting on complex and diverse financial information.
Consensus Builder & Team Player Mentality
Able to communicate passion, energy, intensity, and excitement in a direct, apolitical way as well as the ability to build trust through leading by example and rolling up your sleeves. Able to work well within a team setting, manage multiple tasks, respond to changing priorities, and meet challenging deadlines.
High Energy and Intellectual Curiosity
Energized by learning new things and engaging across a wide range of issues. Conduct engaged research and meetings with a “get it done” attitude. Broad cross-functional exposure and ability to quickly grasp areas beyond scope of expertise. Independent, intellectually curious, emotionally intelligent and detail-oriented self-starter.
No Holds Barred and Results-Driven Attitude
Thrive on setting ambitious, compelling goals and aggressive schedules and then crushing them! Translate the World Class vision/mission into actionable and quantitative plans while communicating a sense of urgency and driving plans to closure. Develop project plans and coordinate projects through completion.
Make decisions and recommendations that weigh costs, risks, and impacts to achieve the optimal outcome. Refer to core values and principles when making decisions. Take strategic and appropriate risks.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the role successfully. The company recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable him/her to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.